Monday, March 15, 2010

Well, it seems life always alters my plans. LOL. I have been very busy with my children and hubby. Indoor soccer has come to a close just in time for Spring Soccer sign-ups. Hubby is coaching 2 U10 teams, consulting for a U11 team and coaching the 4-5 year olds team at the YMCA. Whew! In the midst of this, we are still remodeling our home. So there is my update.

As for cakes, I recently completed a smaller 2-tier birthday cake. The mom's instructions were: Barbie Pink and Teal Blue. Oh and funfetti flavor. No problem. Until the rain moved in. It rained all night and all day. As some of you know and maybe most of you do not, humidity wreaks havoc with icing. Any icing. So, I had the side of the bottom tier all piped with big loopy flowers and by the time I was done with the last flower, the first flower was sagging down to the table. :(

Very frustrating to have a deadline and about an hour to scrape off the whole side of a cake to redo. Well. I learn something with each and every cake. Turns out I adjusted my design, finished on time and the mom was happy.

Oh, I also have an update about the wedding cakes on the books. The valentine's wedding has been postponed. An April 1st wedding has been added. And yes, it is coming up quickly. The May wedding mini cakes order has been cancelled due to distance (10+ hour drive).

So I hope I have not bored you to tears. Happy baking everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment